Before I run off, crazed, stressed and on the verge of screaming at the sky, just another friendly reminder that my giveaway ends in two days.
Giveaway: Newman's Own Prize Pack
- a Cisco Flip Video UltraHD 1hr 4 GB Camcorder - White
- 3 Newman's Own Salad Dressings!
If you want to enter the little give away:
- be a twitter follower AND
- tweet: @cherryteacakes is giving a Flip HD camcorder to one of her tweeps! Follow and retweet to enter! For details visit: http://bit.ly/pqEzey
- Yes, this is a twitter-only contest.
- You may retweet once a day for additional entries.
- Contest ends on August 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST.
Now that you've been reminded (and hopefully entered!), time for recipes, and me to calm down. So much happening all at once!
Rosemary Parmesan Crackers
1 1/2 cups finely grated Parmesan
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-2 teaspoons crushed rosemary
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons water
a dash of kosher salt
Combine all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until it forms a coarse meal.
On a work surface, knead the dough until it is just combined. Form into a log about one inch in diameter. Chill the dough, wrapped in the wax paper, for 1 hour, or until it is firm enough to slice.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the dough into rather thin slices, arrange the slices 1 inch apart on wax paper. Cover with a second sheet of wax paper. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece until very thin.
Carefully move to parchment lined baking sheets, and bake them in batches in the middle of the oven for 6 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges. Remove from heat and allow to cool long enough to be flipped over carefully.
Put the trays back in to the oven for another 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Transfer the crackers carefully with a spatula to a rack, let them cool fully, and sprinkle them with additional rosemary.